Shri Krishna Janmashtami 2023 is celebrated with great enthusiasm and zeal across the country. According to the Puranas, Lord Krishna was born as the eighth child of Mata Devaki in Asura Raj Kansa’s captivity in Mathura city on Ashtami of the Bhadrapada month. Lord Krishna was born at midnight. He appears to be Lord Vishnu’s eighth incarnation. On the day of Janmashtami, the majority of people fast. The Janmashtami fast is regarded as the finest of all the fasts. It is thought that those who fast on this day will achieve their goals.
According to the Hindu calendar every year, this festival falls on the eighth day of Ashtami of the Krishna Paksha. This year Janmashtami was celebrated on 7th September 2023. It is celebrated with prayers, fasting and devotional songs and the Dahi Handi ceremony is the highlight of the festival, wherein people create human pyramids and topple a curd-filled pot.
Krishna Janmashtami Significance
Hindus celebrate Krishna Janmashtami to remember the birth of Lord Krishna who is revered as an avatar of Lord Vishnu. The celebration serves as a reminder of God’s protection of humanity from evil forces and the establishment of the law of righteousness. Till today, Lord Krishna’s teachings in the Bhagavad Gita on devotion, duty and detachment continue to inspire and guide people toward a fulfilling and meaningful life. The festival encourages people of all ages and backgrounds to gather together, pray and sing devotional songs and it also serves as a time for community building.
How is Krishna Janmashtami Celebrated in India?
Krishna Janmashtami is a very important event for Hindus and they keep fast on the same day. The devotees break their fast on the next day. By performing the Lord’s aarti and singing songs, they also adore Lord Krishna’s murti and statue. Devotees also sing a few of the Lord’s shlokas. Krishna’s idol is embellished with brand-new, shining clothing, Mukut, and other jewelry. Also, to celebrate this day many Hindu temples are decorated with flowers and lights. A host of Kirtans and Bhajans take place in the temples. The drama and dance of Lord Krishna’s life are performed in numerous temples by admirers. Even the schools participate in this auspicious event by clothing the small children as Lord Krishna’s avatar and hosting dance performances.
The Indian celebration of Janmashtami is best known for its Dahi Handi. The occasion honors a Hindu mythology episode in which the child Krishna accidentally destroys a pot of curd that was hanging out of his grasp. Teams of young men compete to shatter the curd pot by building human pyramids, and this is reenacted by hanging a pot of curd from a rope at a height. The event is great fun to watch and the successful team is often rewarded with prizes. Dahi Handi is just one of the various ways that Janmashtami is celebrated in India.
Perform These Auspicious Works On Krishna Janmashtami 2023
A Hindu festival called Krishna Janmashtami honors Lord Krishna’s birth. It is typically celebrated by singing devotional songs, fasts and performing special puja rituals. According to Hindu belief, worshipping Krishna marble murti and statue with full devotion on Janmashtami leads to longevity, progeny, happiness and prosperity. Every wish can be fulfilled by celebrating this festival. Worshipping Lord Krishna diminishes the effect of Pitra Dosha. If the birth chart contains Pitradosh, Shri Krishna-Mukhamrit Geeta should be recited. Along with this, it is considered very auspicious to recite Shrimad Bhagwat Mahapuran and Shri Krishna Katha for peace and for eliminating Pitradosha. Chant the mantra “Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya” 108 times to promote world peace and eliminate all planetary flaws.
Eliminate Shani Dosh by Janmashtami Puja
The Shani Dosha, or the negative effects of Saturn, can be removed specifically by worshiping Lord Krishna on Janmashtami. On Ashtami, the eighth day of the lunar month, Lord Krishna, the avatar of Vishnu, was born. He was also the eighth son of Mother Devaki. In addition, Lord Krishna is regarded as Vishnu’s eighth avatar.
Furthermore, Shani Deva is a great devotee of Lord Krishna. It is believed that Lord Krishna appeared to Shani Dev in the form of a cuckoo and blessed him. Since Lord Shani is considered to be pleased with the adoration of Lord Krishna on Janmashtami, it is said that he showers the desired blessing on the devotees who fast.
Special Remedies to Perform on Krishna Janmashtami 2023 to Gain Benefits
- Offer rice pudding to Lord Krishna to improve your financial situation.
- Offering eight types of flowers to Lord Krishna marble murti fills one’s life with prosperity and happiness.
- In Lord Krishna’s temple, presenting a silver flute brings luck.
- It also promotes success in relationships to recite the mantra of Lord Krishna and Maa Radha.
Krishna Janmashtami Prasad
Since Lord Krishna loved delicious food, Janmashtami is intimately related to eating. Many Prasads are prepared on this holy day. Among them are:
- Dhaniya Panjiri: Dhaniya Panjiri is regarded as one of the most significant prasads among all those made on this auspicious day. Various regions of Punjab and Uttar Pradesh often prepare Dhaniya panjiri.
- Mishri Makhan: Little Krishna is said to adore white butter, popularly referred to as “safed makhan.” On the auspicious day of Janmashtami, God receives a special Bhog (meal) of Makhan Mishri (sweet white butter).
- Panchamrit or Charnamrit: A milky and sweet mixture called Charnamrit is given out to worshippers as prasad. A meal called Charnamrit, also known as Panchamrit, consists of milk, yogurt, ghee, honey, and liquid jaggery.
- Kheer: On Janmashtami, kheer is frequently prepared and given to Lord Krishna around midnight after the puja is finished. Rice and condensed milk are used to make the dessert kheer.
- Makhan Paag: On the auspicious day of Janmashtami, an exquisite dessert known as makhana paag is often served. The Chappan Bhog thali, which includes makhana Paag and has 56 dishes, is presented. It is made of Ghee, lotus seeds, milk and Bhoora, along with some other traditional dishes.
Check out our various Radha Krishna marble murti provided by Marble Murti Jaipur and get your bookings done in one click. Contact Marble Murti Jaipur to bring the divine essence of Lord Krishna into your Janmashtami celebrations. We offer a magnificent selection of Krishna Murtis that exemplify spirituality and devotion. As you celebrate the birth of Lord Krishna on Janmashtami, A gorgeously crafted murti that exudes a sense of calm and holiness will help you bring the divine into your house. Contact Marble Murti today and empower the Krishna Murtis ethereal beauty to enhance your festive mood and foster a spirit of devotion and joy on this auspicious occasion.
- What is Krishna Janmashtami?
Krishna Janmashtami is a Hindu festival that is celebrated during August and September to honor Lord Krishna.
- What happens in Krishna Janmashtami?
To commemorate Janmashtami, Hindus keep a fast, participate in group prayer, sing, cook, and enjoy special dishes. They visit Krishna or Vishnu temples. At significant Krishna temples, Bhagavad Gita recitations occur often.
- Why do we celebrate Lord Krishna?
The occasion celebrated as Krishna Janmashtami honors the birth of Lord Krishna. He is worshipped in all of India and is regarded as Lord Vishnu’s eighth avatar.
- What are the best places to celebrate Janmashtami?
Mathura, Gokul, Vrindavan and Mumbai are the ideal locations to celebrate Janmashtami.